This recipe was adapted from a Rachael Ray Magazine Meal Planner pullout. This was a big hit with all the entire family and a friend one of my sons had over. My husband thinks some crushed red pepper should be added next time.
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
Salt and pepper
1 (13½ ounce) can coconut milk
½ cup cider vinegar
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 small head garlic, peeled and smashed
2 bay leaves
8 ounces orecchiette or orzo pasta
1 (10-11 ounce) package baby spinach, washed and dried
1. In a large pan, brown the cubed chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the coconut milk, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and bay leaves.
3. When the chicken is golden brown, add the sauce to the chicken and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
4. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
5. While the pasta is cooking remove the cover from the chicken, discard the bay leaves; bring the sauce to a boil until slightly reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach to wilt. Serve over pasta.