1 pound fusilli or rotini
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
2 teaspoons paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 celery ribs, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2½ cups 2% milk
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup plain bread crumbs
1. Heat broiler. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and cook 8 minutes, or as per package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with ½ teaspoon of the celery seed, 1 teaspoon of the paprika and the salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, 3 to 5 minutes, until cooked through; set aside. Lower heat to medium. Add celery to same skillet; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside with chicken.
3. In saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and mustard powder, whisking for 2 minutes. Pour in milk and sauce, whisking until it boils. Simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheddar, ½ cup of the blue cheese and remaining teaspoon paprika.
4. Add pasta, celery, garlic and chicken. Place in a broiler-safe dish.
5. Microwave remaining tablespoon butter for 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs and remaining ½ teaspoon celery seed; sprinkle over dish with remaining ¼ cup blue cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Cal: 581, Pro: 35g, Carb: 56g, Fat, total: 24g, Chol: 94mg, Sat. fat: 13g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sodium: 987mg
Family Circle, Jan. 2012: Buffalo Mac