Crispy Fish Sticks
½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
½ cup corn flake crumbs
¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into ½ x 3-inch strips
½ cup Thai Kitchen sweet red chili sauce
1 scallion, chopped
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together bread crumbs, corn flake crumbs and seasoned salt in a shallow dish. Place flour in a second dish and egg whites in a third dish.
3. Coat each fish strip with flour, dip in egg white and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
4. Coat breaded fish sticks with cooking spray. Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Combine chili sauce and scallion. Serve fish sticks with the chili dipping sauce and Broccoli-Carrot Slaw.
Tip: Broccoli-Carrot Slaw – In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise and 1 tsp. sugar. Add 1 bag (12 ounces) broccoli slaw, 1 cup petite baby carrots and 2 sliced scallions; toss and coat with dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition facts: Cal: 380, Pro: 31g, Carb: 52g, Fat, total: 5g, Chol: 59mg, Sat fat: 1g, Fiber: 5gm, Sodium: 800mg
Family Circle Feb 2012: Crispy Fish Sticks
Baked Veggie Chips
½ pound fresh beets (about 2 medium)
1 medium potato
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium parsnip
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1. Peel vegetables and cut into ⅛-inch slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat.
2. Arrange in a single layer on racks in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
Nutrition Facts: (per ½ cup) Cal: 108, Pro: 31g, Carb: 15g, Fat, total: 5g, Chol: 1mg, Sat fat: 1g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 200mg
Taste of Home’s Healthy Cooking, Jan/Feb 2012: Baked Veggie Chips