5 sausage patties or ½ pound ground sausage
¼ – ½ cup onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
½ cup milk
2 cups Colby or cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300°
2. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Fry sausage and break into bits while cooking. Drain fat and return to skillet.
4. Sauté onions and peppers with the sausage. Remove from skillet to a plate.
5. In a bowl whisk eggs and milk together. Pour into the skillet used to fry sausage, onions and pepper.
6. Scramble cook eggs just until they start to set. DO NOT OVER COOK. Remove from heat.
7. Add sausage mixture and 1 cup of cheese to the eggs and mix. Pour into baking pan
8. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 20-25 minutes. Check to see if eggs are set if not replace foil and cook a few more minutes until set.
9. When eggs are set, remove foil sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until melted about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and serve with fresh fruit.
****Leftovers are really good for breakfast the next day.